Pregnancy is an extraordinary experience in a woman’s life, and Margo holds a special place in her heart for all mothers-to-be. She has guided many women through this sacred journey using ancient wisdom from Ayurveda and Yoga. These sister sciences from India offer helpful and profound insights on how to care for women and how to achieve optimum wellness during pregnancy. Both of her pregnancies, from conception through postpartum, taught her the value of proper lifestyle, nutrition and herbal support. Margo enjoys making these teachings accessible, understandable and relevant to woman today.
What is an Ayurvedic approach to pregnancy?
Ayurvedic guidance can help you to:
- Understand your unique constitution with respect to pregnancy.
- Choose proper nutrition to support you and your baby s health and development.
- Feel empowered to use Ayurvedic lifestyle practices to feel joyful and healthy.
- Know when to use safe and gentle herbs for common discomforts and overall well-being.
- Feel confident in your ability to birth your baby.
Margo also offers natural solutions for handling fertility challenges utilizing the tools of Ayurveda, yoga, herbal medicine and fertility awareness.
Ayurvedic Postpartum Care
Postpartum is a delicate juncture for the mother, her baby and the rest of the family. It is a time of healing and transition physically, emotionally, socially and psychologically. Ayurveda offers centuries-old guidance on how to care for women and babies to achieve optimum health for many, many years to come. Margo supports women and babies during postpartum through education, workshops and private tutorials. On occasion, she can provide home visits for specific aspects of care.
- Dietary guidance to maximize good digestion and minimize colic.
- Lifestyle suggestions for feeling balanced relative to sleep, energy and mood.
- Herbal support for rejuvenation and specific health concerns.
- Lactation support.
- Ayurvedic self-massage and infant massage instruction.